Corporate law, M&A
Our law firm has a wide range of experience in corporate law, company register law, non litigation procedures (such as winding-up, liquidation, bankruptcy), as well as M&A transactions. Our team regularly delivers advice within the whole scope of corporate law for public limited companies, limited companies and limited partnerships.
We offer complex legal assistance related to the operation of companies, focusing especially on ideal capital structure, ownership structure, competences and the establishing of the ideal organisational system. We contribute in setting up companies, providing the necessary documents. We also represent our clients at company registry courts (providing complex legal assistance to the assembly of members, general meetings, assembly of board members or supervisors) and if necessary in liquidation and bankruptcy procedures.
Our team has outstanding experience in company transformations including mergers or divisions, capital increases (capital increase in share capital and in the additional paid-in capital, restructuring of capital etc.), and capital reduction procedures, whether it is statutory reduction or asset stripping.
In the case of company takeovers, whether it is a share or asset deal, during recent years we have gained a lot of experience representing both parties (seller and buyer). With our practical approach, we are dedicated to meet the needs of the buyer or seller during the process of due diligence, the analysis of contractual relationships and identifying risks and drafting contracts.
Private equity law
Using our decade-long experience in private equity investment we can provide our clients with legal services such as due diligence, term sheet consultation, taking part in negotiations during the transaction preparation (jointly with our client or representing their instructions) and preparation of shareholder’s agreement (cooperation agreement).
Our law firm provides legal services for both the investors and the target companies.
We are proud to be part of the HUNGARIAN PRIVATE EQUITY AND VENTURE CAPITAL ASSOCIATION (HVCA) and the HUNGARIAN BUSINESS ANGEL NETWORK (HUNBAN), which are Hungary’s premier equity investment organisations.
Our decade-long experience extends to representing institutional investors (Alternative Investment Fund Manager or AIFM, Alternative Investment Fund or AIF), as well as non-institutional investors (such as incubators, business angels, investment companies and other investment forms). In co-operation with our tax- and financial expert partners, we provide a full range of business services in each segment throughout the whole investment process.
Our services for Investors include, among others:
- participation in term sheet preparation
- due diligence duties (full scope or red flag due diligence)
- preparation of cooperation agreement
- legal assistance related to portfolio management
- preparation of exit agreement
- legal advisory services related to the investor’s internal organisation or legal issues.
Regarding Start-ups, we aim to provide assistance for modern entrepreneurs, from setting up their companies through the IP issues as well as to develop the companies’ working structure, in addition to many other “Start-ups problems”. The first crucial point in the life of a start-up is the involvement of the first investor or the handling of the exit process. Our law firm is ready to offer the following services regarding each and every transaction with the investors:
- providing full legal counselling and legal representation during the negotiations with the investors, whether investment or bouyout
- preparation for the due diligence (legal and financial)
- participation in term sheet and investment negotiations
- expert opinion and preparation of term sheets and cooperation agreements, and associated legal advice
- IPO, bond issues
- General legal advice regarding corporate law and company register law, labour law, intellectual property law issues as well as litigation and non litigation procedures.